AS OF JUNE 30th 2020 THIS PROGRAM HAS ENDED AND PROMO CODES ARE NO LONGER VALID.
In partnership with the City of Vancouver, we launched the Mobi by Shaw Go Essential Services Membership Program today to provide COVID-19 essential service employees with a free 90-day pass to Mobi by Shaw Go.
Public bike share remains operational for those who rely on it for transportation and their mental or physical wellbeing. Cycling continues to be a fast and convenient way to get around while maintaining safe physical distancing from others.
“While many people are working from home, we recognize there are still many employees who are critical to helping us fight this pandemic and serving the community at large,” says Mia Kohout, General Manager of Mobi by Shaw Go. “As they continue to work and shop for their own essential goods and services we want to provide them with a safe, free commuting option.”
Lon LaClaire, the City’s General Manager of Engineering Services, added: “Mobi by Shaw Go has seen continued growth over the years and continued use throughout this health emergency. Supporting transportation options for Vancouver residents is even more important now during this crisis. We are pleased to know that Mobi by Shaw Go is working closely with Vancouver Coastal Health and BC Centre for Disease Control to ensure safe operations are maintained for their staff and the public.”
Essential Services Membership Program Details:
- Designated essential workers who must travel at this time such as those working in healthcare, transit, grocery stores, can obtain a free 90-day pass by signing up through their employers.
- Employers of essential services professionals should email email@example.com before May 31, 2020 to obtain enrollment information to distribute to staff.
- Individuals working in these fields who recently purchased a membership or have upcoming membership renewals can also access a free 90-day pass.
- The program includes unlimited 30 minute trips for 90 days.
- The free membership will not auto renew.
- Promo codes can not be applied to a pass after June 30, 2020.
As a responsible transportation service provider, we encourage all riders to follow safe riding protocols as outlined on our website here.
Vancouver Coast Health has provided guidance on our response to COVID-19 including our cleaning protocols.
Further, Mobi by Shaw Go is diligently following the guidance provided by these health authorities to ensure riders remain safe. For information on our response to COVID-19, click here .