The February Rider Challenge is back for the fourth year! We’ve got some great prizes lined up so this is a month where you’ll want to be taking as many trips with Mobi by Shaw Go as possible!
What is the February Rider Challenge?
The February Rider Challenge is a month long competition to see who can take the most trips with Mobi by Shaw Go and the top three win a prize. This year, we are introducing two extra awards, one for the individual with the highest elevation gain - The “Mountain Climber” and one for the person who visits the most number of different stations - The “City Explorer.”
What trips qualify?
You can take as many trips per day as you want, but there are a couple rules to make sure the competition is fair and fun. For a trip to qualify, the following requirements must be met:
- A ride must be 2+ minutes long. Rides lasting 1 minute 59 seconds or less will not be counted.
- A ride must be 50+ metres in distance. Rides covering 49 metres and less will not be counted.
- At least 5 minutes must pass between consecutive rides.
- Contest begins at 00:00 PST on Saturday, February 1, 2020 and ends at 23:59 PST on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
We will keep track of the number of trips you take and announce the top trip counts weekly on social media. To keep track of your trips, visit our Mobi by Shaw Go app or log into our website. The winners will be announced on March 1, 2020.
What are the prizes?
Now for the fun part - The prizes!
Prizes for the top three riders - First and second place winners can choose from the following:
- $200 gift card to Mountain Equipment Coop
- $100 gift card to Mountain Equipment Coop
- 2 x Sunday Day Pass for Vancouver Folk Music Festival
The rider with the most uphill rides (Mountain Climber) will win:
- $50 gift card to Kind Cafe
The rider who starts or ends rides at the most different stations (city explorer) will win:
- $50 gift card to Nada Grocery
Size up your competition
We had some committed Mobi-ers participate in the challenge last year. Last February, our top rider took 422 trips. That’s an average of 15 trips per day!
Get Bonus Points
Share a picture of your Mobi by Shaw Go ride and you will get 1 trip added to your final count for each picture shared. Make sure to tag us @mobi_bikes and use hashtag #RiderChallenge for your picture to count. Feel free to post as many pictures as you like, every unique photo counts.
A special thanks to our supporters
Rules and Regulations
Good luck and get rolling!